Summer is almost here and so is watermelon! Funny thing is that growing up watermelon was not my favorite fruit until I found this recipe by Sam Melbourne on Instagram. The reason why I love it so much is because I love juicing or making smoothies and thought it was a great recipe to integrate with my other recipes. It’s so easy, super refreshing, and you’re only going to need 4 items which include:
- 800g-1kg of watermelon (if you buy the watermelon pre-cut it will show you the exact quantity in grams)
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries to make it cool ( I let mine freeze for 1 hour, but you can freeze it longer)
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 handful of mint
Here are the directions:
- Blend everything in your high-speed blender.
Enjoy this wonderful smoothie before or after a workout, or even as an afternoon refresher. I also found that adding this wonderful fruit into my diet was full of benefits!
Here are a few benefits from watermelon:
- aides in digestion, which it helps you with regularity
- helps to prevent men from getting prostate cancer since is rich in Lycopene
- made of 92% water, say goodbye to dehydration
- reduces muscle soreness, so it is great if you enjoy your workouts at the gym
- high in vitamin A which will provide you with beautiful looking skin
Enjoy your Spring and Summer with this drink! I’ll sure will!
Until next time!