Such an easy recipe this one! If you like strawberries like I do, you will love this! This smoothie is sweet, refreshing, and totally delicious too. You will need very few ingredients that I’m pretty sure you can find in your home.
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (preferably organic, if not, wash your strawberries really well)
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut milk or any other nut milk of your preference (I used coconut for this recipe)
- optional: 1 tbsp of hemp seeds or some cashews to add protein (I used cashews this time, but I’ve used hemp seeds in the past, it tastes just as good)
- add ice to taste ( I added 2 ice cubes. Also, it depends on how you like the consistency of your smoothie to be.)
Blend it all in your Vitamix or any other high speed blender that you have at home.
I love this smoothie as a breakfast. You can also put it on a shallow plate and make a smoothie bowl by adding your favorite granola and other ingredients.
Benefits of strawberries:
- lowers blood pressure
- antioxidants: full of Anthoxyanin which helps increase your uric acid levels and serves as an antioxidant agent
- anti-inflammatory: helps with osteoarthritis, asthma, atherosclerosis
- anti-cancer: rich in vitamin C, folate, quercetin, kaempferol
- healthy eyes: decreases the possibility of macular degeneration
- rich in magnesium
- great for your bones since it has potassium, vitamin K, and magnesium
Until next time! ?