Protein shakes? No more after this super delicious protein shake! I bought my first ever protein powder the other day. Since I’m a vegetarian now (I have been for the past 3 years) it’s always good to have some healthy protein in my body. You don’t need animal protein to have protein. There are so many good kinds of protein. Protein is in all of our fruits, vegetables, and nuts! This shake is protein from start to end. Wonderful for your pre or post workout.
- 2 cups of almond milk or your favorite non-dairy milk (I made my own almond milk, non-sweet)
- 2 dates to make it sweet (optional, but makes it very tasty)
- 1 banana preferably if frozen (leave it in a zip-lock bag and let it sit in the fridge for about 2 hours, or just leave it there for your next shake or frozen desert)
- a dash of Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon of raw organic cocoa powder
- last but not least, Sun Warrior Protein Powder chocolate flavored (Sun Warrior is a vegan protein powder. I bought it at Whole Foods for $45.00, but you can add any protein of your choice)
- optional: add ice to taste if you like it cold, or if your banana is not frozen.
Blend it all in your high-speed blender, (I either use the Vitamix or the Ninja), and pour it in your workout cup or you can also have it as a breakfast smoothie bowl, too, by adding your favorite ingredients. That’s what I call a breakfast!
Benefits of protein:
- Hair and nail are made of protein and your body uses protein to build and repair tissues.
- It is important for making enzymes, hormones, and other important chemicals. bones, muscle, cartilage, skin and blood
- Needed to nourish the bones, muscle, cartilage, skin and blood
Hope you enjoy this wonderful protein and super healthy and delicious shake!
Until next time!