Chia seeds are one of my all times favorite ingredients for my smoothies bowls, and my protein shakes. Although they have a funny consistency after they are soaked, they are excellent for our bodies. They are full of nutrients that benefit the body and brain. Here is one of my top smoothies that I make in the morning for breakfast. It’s very easy to make. Are you ready?
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 8oz of coconut water
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP Almond Butter
- handful of spinach
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
Blend it all together in your high speed blender (I either use the Vitamix or the Ninja) and enjoy!
This smoothie is packed with protein which is great for a pre or post work out and fiber helping with bowel movements.
Benefits of Chia seeds:
- helps lower blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol levels
- helps lower the risk of diabetes
- prevents constipation since is loaded with fiber
- rich in Omega-3s helping decrease the risk of thrombosis, arrhythmias.
- helps in loosing weight
- rich in antioxidants
- rich in Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Niacin, Zinc and Molybdenum
I hope you enjoy making this wonderful and tasteful smoothie. I love it, and hope you do too.
Until next time.