This new smoothie is fantastic! Perfect for the holidays, since it contains many of the ingredients people use to bake this time of the year such as apple and cinnamon. This smoothie is perfect for fighting cravings this time of the year as well since we are all looking forward to eating a lot! I know Thanksgiving was just last week and so we indulged ourselves on the best foods in our home with family or friends. However, we still have Christmas coming up. As a Brazilian, I celebrate Christmas twice. Christmas Eve which is a tradition we celebrate with my family on December 24 and then Christmas Day with my husband, who’s American, and his family. This means we have two back to back delicious holiday meals. Although I love the holiday food, I do love to take care of what I put in my body. This smoothie is the perfect smoothie to remind you of the holidays, fight cravings, reduce belly fat, stabilize blood sugar, and is also rich in fiber.
In your high-speed blender (I either use the Vitamix or the Ninja for this) add:
- 3/4 to 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 apple, chopped, skin included (I like using a Granny Smith apple for its health benefits more than any other apple, preferably organic)
Blend it all together until smooth, add ice for a cooler taste.
Some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- clears acne and balances the pH of your skin
- boosts energy since it is rich in Potassium and enzymes that relieve that tired feeling
- helps control blood sugar
- aides against bad breath
Some benefits of cinnamon:
- helps treat muscle spasms
- the common cold
- lowers blood sugar in people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- can potentially be effective against HIV
- aides in learning abilities
This smoothie is so good, that I have been making it almost every day. I hope you get to try it and love it just as much as I do. Ps: Don’t be sacred to the apple cider vinegar. It does
Ps: Don’t be scared of the apple cider vinegar. It does give a little taste but does not overpower the smoothie. Also, there are so many other fantastic health benefits that this vinegar has that I will have to share that another time.
Until next time!